Playa Inn Hotel
How to Arrive
10 Tips For A Hotel Rest 5 Things Most Hotels Get Wrong 5 Tips For Booking Hotels 6 Recommended Hotels in Tanzania Affordable Bed And Breakfast Bed and Breakfast Hotel in London Best Rated Hotels in Andora Bodh Gayad Hotels Luxurious And Full Book an Airport Hotel Budget Hotel De Holiday Budget Hotels in Nairobi Budget Hotels in Shimla Can Hotels Improve Your Relationship Cheap Hotels in Goa Choice Hotels Colchester Hotels Condo Hotels Disneyland Hotel Exciting Employment Opportunities At Hotels Five Great Reasons to Stay in a Butique Good Hotels in Nairobi Hotel Reviews in Singapore Hotel in Haridwar Luxury Hotels Guide Hotels for Star Signs Hotels in Athens Greece Hotels in Atlantic Hotels in Badrinath Hotels in Jaipur Hotels in Manila Hotels in Nottingham Where How To Choose The Hotel Online How To Find A Great Hotel How to locate Online Discount International Hotel Chain Plans Jaipur Hotels Travel Kenya Hotels Knowledgeable Hotel Booking Service Kufri Hotels With Exclusive Packages Local Hotels Hotel Performance Measures Locating Cheap Hotels In Panama Mumbai Hotels Perfect Hotel in Italy Playa Del Carmen Preparing for Your Honeymoon Rajasthan Camel Safari Tour India Royal And Rustic Rajasthan Tour Singapore Luxury Hotels Perfect The Advantages Of Boutique Hotels The Best Boutique Hotels The Best Boutique Hotels in Sydney The Best Hotels In Brisbane The Boutique Hotel Manager The Retreat Hotel Mumbai Tips For Locating Top Hotels Top Hip Budget Hotel Ultimate Guidelines for Flagstaff Hotels Which Is Your Favorite Hotel
10 Activities For Kids At Grand A Mesmerizing Experience In A Puerto Anger Management Techniques To Survive The Holidays Business And Pleasure In Majorca Central And Southern Corfu Christmas Villages – 5 Easy Fixes Christmas Villages 5 Visually Condos For Rent At The Beach Condos For Rent For Vacationers Corfu The Ultimate Villa Cruise Holidays Depression Can Hit Hard At Holidays Develop A Cat House Dzukou Valley Eight Ways To Get Through Five Great Family Holidays In Australia Five Helpful Advices On How To Rent Fsbo Broker In Atlanta Ga Discusses Holiday Houses For Rent In Toronto Holidays And Grief Remembering Loved Ones Home For The Holidays How To Book An Orlando Holiday How To Organize Villa Holidays Is It Too Dry In Your Kenya Beach Safaris Explore The Hidden Loneliness At The Holidays Look For Tuscany Villa Places To See In Corbett Rent A Holiday House Instead Rent A Self Catering Rent Disney Homes Rather Renting An Apartment Versus Staying Samui Luxury Sea View Villa Available Samui Villas And Holiday Rentals Offered Spend Family Holidays In The Uk At Richardson’s Spend Vacation On A Travel Spooky Fun Lurks At New York’s Stress Free Family Skiing Holidays Taj Mahal Travel Taj Mahal The Benefits Of Condos For Rent The Best Motorcycle Roads In The South The Idea Of Global Village The Luxurious Side Of The Villa The Meaning Of Yoga Holidays Travel In Vietnam Sa Dec Flower Valbonne Village On The French Riviera Villas De Maitre Introduces Visit Mendocino The California What Condos For Rent Can Offer
Eight Ways To Get Through The Holidays After The Death Of A Loved One
The holidays are not necessarily a happy, merry time - especially for people whose loved one has died during the past year, or even the past several years. In fact, if you're one of multi-millions of people who suffer such a loss each year, the holidays tend to increase the feelings of grief and despair.
Over four million people die each year in the US leaving countless loved ones engulfed in grief. If you're one of them, chances are the holidays only accentuate your sadness and sense of loss.
Are there ways to get through Christmas, Hanukah and the New Year with minimal suffering and some level of enjoyment? Richard Ballo, award-winning author of Life Without Lisa, says there are ways to make the holidays more bearable and even pleasant.
Ballo knows this journey first hand. His beloved, 38-year old wife Lisa died just weeks before Christmas. It made the first holiday season without Lisa nearly unbearable. And although he walked through that first Christmas like a Zombie, Rich has now found ways that helped him in subsequent years and can help you have a far more positive experience.
Here are Rich's tried and true tips to get through the holidays after suffering the death of a loved one:
1. Turn to Hospice for help. Hospice is not only for the dying, but for the living as well. Hospice provides individual and group counseling for those left behind.
2. Keep your expectations for yourself and the holidays reasonable. Don't put undue pressure on yourself by "demanding" that you act and feel a certain way. Things will be different and probably not as merry as before - at least for a while. But you can experience some degree of happiness and enjoyment.
3. Feel your feelings. Don't stuff them down. Cry and feel sad. But don't allow them to engulf you. Have a written list of things you can do that will help you feel better - watch a funny movie, listen to uplifting music, play your favorite sport, mediate, take a bubble bath, engage in your absolutely favorite hobby.
4. Do something for someone else. Serve Christmas dinner at a soup kitchen or sing carols in a nursing home. Get outside of yourself and your own miseries and bring joy to others. In turn, it will bring tremendous joy to you.
5. Surround yourself with supportive, loving people. If you're with your family, wrap yourself in their love and caring.
6. Give yourself a break. Don't feel like you have to make the holidays happen for others. Pass the baton to someone else without feeling any guilt. Let someone else cook the turkey and clean up the kitchen. Be a pampered person!
© Villa Lemonia in Miliou village near Paphos