Apparently Las Cruces, New Mexico is trying to increase public dining by putting a law into place that discourages the use of a lunchbox. … This means that you can’t pack your lunch for work.
Why is it illegal to wear a sombrero while dancing in New Mexico?
3. Dancing while wearing your sombrero is illegal in New Mexico. … According to Washington Times, New Mexico has more Ph. D.s per capita than any other state, mostly due to the many government and private research facilities that call the state home.
What things are illegal in New Mexico?
So, without further ado, here is a list of the most ridiculous laws our home state has:
- Keep that saliva in your mouth, because it’s a petty misdemeanor to spit on any public property building or sidewalk!
- It’s also a misdemeanor to trip a horse. …
- “Idiots” are not allowed to vote.
Is it illegal to dance with a sombrero in New Mexico?
Fulkerson Services – Dancing while wearing your sombrero is illegal in New Mexico.
What are 6 fun facts about New Mexico?
16 facts about New Mexico you never would have guessed
- New Mexico is wine country. …
- Taos Pueblo has been inhabited for over a thousand years. …
- New Mexico has more PhDs per capita than any other state. …
- Santa Fe is the nation’s highest state capital. …
- You can see five different states from the top of Capulin Volcano.
Is it illegal to carry a lunch box in New Mexico?
Don’t Pack a Lunch
Apparently Las Cruces, New Mexico is trying to increase public dining by putting a law into place that discourages the use of a lunchbox. It is illegal to carry a lunchbox in Las Cruces if you are venturing down Main Street. This means that you can’t pack your lunch for work.
Is nudity allowed in New Mexico?
In New Mexico, indecent exposure is prohibited and consists of knowingly and intentionally exposing one’s genitals to the public.
What is the weirdest law in New Mexico?
1. Men can go naked as long as their genitals are covered. This is certainly one of the strangest weird laws in New Mexico.
What is banned in Mexico?
There are several products not allowed across borders as souvenirs – think live (or dead) animals, plant products and illegal weapons and drugs – but there are also some stranger items banned by the US that people may want to bring from Mexico, namely pork products.
What is the Romeo and Juliet law in New Mexico?
New Mexico’s Romeo and Juliet exemption protects from prosecution certain minors who engage in consensual sex. The law applies to consensual sexual acts between a minor who is 13 or older and a defendant who is younger than 18 and less than four years older than the younger minor.
What are the weirdest laws in the US?
Unbelievably Weird Laws in America that Still Exist
- Do Not Drive Blindfolded in Alabama. Interestingly, it is illegal to drive blindfolded in Alabama. …
- Do Not Wash Your Neighbour’s Car Without their Permission. …
- Sip and Spit Only! …
- Bulletproof vests and criminals in New Jersey.
What is the legal age in New Mexico?
In New Mexico, the age of consent is 17 years old. If an adult (an individual over the age of 18) has sex with a minor between the ages of 13 and 16, the adult may be prosecuted for 4th degree criminal sexual penetration.
Why is New Mexico so special?
Two of New Mexico’s most unique physical features are the caverns near Carlsbad, which are among the most spectacular natural rock formations in the world, and the extensive gypsum sand dunes at White Sands National Monument in south-central New Mexico, which were created by wind and water erosion.
Why did New Mexico get its name?
Etymology. New Mexico comes from the Spanish name of Nuevo Mexico; given to the region north of Mexico in the 1560s by Spanish explorers who hoped to find gold and wealth equal to Mexico’s Aztec treasures. The current name is an anglicized version for this upper Rio Grande area.
Who is the most famous person from New Mexico?
11 Famous People that are from New Mexico
- Neil Patrick Harris (Actor)
- Demi Moore (Actress)
- Demi Lovato (Actress & Singer)
- Holly Holm (MMA)
- John Denver (singer/songwriter)
- Adrian Grenier (Actor)
- Freddy Prince Jr. (Actor)
- William Hanna (animator/cartoon artist)