Healthier choices include chicken fajitas, bean burritos, grilled chicken dishes with peppers and onions (hold the cheese!), or a soft taco. Choose soft over crunchy. The crunchy dishes on the menu are likely to be fried and full of fat. 1 Ask your waiter not to bring pre-meal chips and salsa.
What is the lowest calorie thing to order at a Mexican restaurant?
If you’re headed to a Mexican restaurant, one of the top low-calorie choices is tacos made with grilled meat, salsa and corn tortillas. Skip the rice, and ask for vegetables on the side.
What Mexican food can I eat on a diet?
Eat This, Not That: How to Order Healthy Mexican Food
- Fresh corn tortillas, not chips. The basket you get as soon as you sit down is hard to resist. …
- Tostada salad, not taquitos. …
- Grilled fajitas, not wet burritos or chimichangas. …
- Soft corn tortilla tacos, not hard tacos. …
- Salsa, not sour cream.
What can I order at a Mexican restaurant on Weight Watchers?
Some good Mexican restaurant choices would be:
- Soft chicken or fish tacos, go easy on the cheese, hold the sour cream.
- Chicken or veggie whole bean burrito, easy on the guac and cheese, hold the sour cream.
- Chicken Mole with rice and whole beans.
- Grilled shrimp with lime and Chili Verde.
Is Mexican or pizza healthier?
Pizza has higher calories, proteins, carbs, fats, sodium and is richer in vitamins and minerals. On the other hand, Burritos have a lower glycemic index, lower saturated fats, but they are higher in trans fats. Both are highly versatile and can be modified to be healthier.
Is Mexican food good for weight loss?
Mexican food has a reputation of adding to weight gain. That reputation is correct, if you pile on the fatty meats, cheeses, sauces, and eat lots of chips and guacamole. But Mexican food can actually help you lose weight. … Skip – or limit – any and all dips made of any sauce other than regular salsa.
How many calories are in chicken fajitas at a Mexican restaurant?
Even a seemingly healthful order of grilled chicken fajitas with the standard accompaniments can top 1,500 calories, 150 grams of carbs and 1,600 mg sodium.
Is Mexican food high calorie?
There’s no denying that Mexican food is delicious. But many of the entrees are made with oil, lard, and salt — and loaded with cheese and sour cream. You can get more than a day’s worth of calories, saturated fat, or sodium in a single meal.
Are fajitas healthy from a restaurant?
Fajitas use one of the healthiest available cooking methods: grilling. They also come with grilled vegetables such as bell peppers and onions, which are valuable sources of antioxidants. Go for shrimp or white-meat chicken, instead of steak, to avoid the saturated fat content of red meat.
What Mexican foods are low carb?
Low-Carbing at Mexican Restaurants
- Carne Asada: A big slab of moist and juicy beef is the perfect answer to low-carb. …
- Fajitas: These usually come in beef and chicken, but ask about the marinade. …
- Chiles Rellenos: A chile relleno is a cheese-stuffed hot pepper dipped in egg and fried.
How many Weight Watchers points is a corn tortilla?
It’s hard to believe that these are only 1 point! A great recipe for healthier flour tortillas. Fill these with beef, chicken, shrimp, and/or veggies. Use sour cream, salsa or guacamole to dip them in.
Is sushi good for weight loss?
Sushi is often regarded as a weight-loss-friendly meal. Yet, many types of sushi are made with high-fat sauces and fried tempura batter, which significantly increases their calorie content. Additionally, a single piece of sushi generally contains very small amounts of fish or vegetables.
Is burrito good for weight loss?
Burritos. … Even if you use fresh ingredients and simple cooking preparation, a typical burrito is easily 1,000 calories. But don’t despair; by avoiding the flour tortilla you easily shave 300 calories off of your burrito order.
What should I order at a restaurant on a diet?
What To Order To Eat Healthy At Restaurants
- pasta fagioli.
- house salad.
- caesar salad.
- fresh fish or seafood that is cooked in olive oil.
- choose red sauces, like cacciatore or marsala.